Spaghetti Al pesto
Calories: 380 kcal
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Serving: 6 persons
2 bunches of Basil - fresh, leaves only
3 tbsp of Pine Nuts
4 Garlic Cloves - crushed
½ cup of Parmesan Cheese - grated
1 Maggi vegetables tablet
¼ cup of Olive Oil
1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp of salt
- Toast pine nuts slightly in oven or over heat.
- In a blender or food processor process basil leaves until very finely chopped.
- Add pine nuts, garlic, parmesan cheese and Maggi vegetables tablet, Process until mixture forms a thick smooth green paste.
- Add oil slowly while processing until sauce becomes creamy. Add lemon juice and process once then. Season with salt to taste; cover and set aside.
- Boil pasta and drain. Add pesto sauce while pasta is still very hot. Stir until spaghetti is well coated with pesto.
Put in a serving bowl, Add little olive oil on surface and sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top. Season to taste and serve immediately
Do not boil pasta and set it aside until you make the sauce. While boiling it, prepare sauce so that you drain it and add it to the sauce right away. Pasta is always at its best when it has just been boiled and drained.
Although this meal contains no animal protein, it contains 50% of your daily protein requirements!