Saudi Lentil soup
Calories: 239 Kcal
Protein: 13 gm
Fat: 9 gm
Carbs: 30 gm
Preparation: 45 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
200 gm of lentils
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tomatoes, diced
2 Maggi chicken bouillon, dissolved in 4 cups of water
¼ cup of parsley – finely chopped
1/2 tsp of Salt and pepper
- Soak lentil in water for half an hour.
- In a medium pan, heat oil, add onion and garlic and stir until golden. Add tomatoes, lentil and Maggi dissolved in 4 cups of water, leave on medium heat for 30 minutes or until well done.
- Add chopped parsley just before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While cooking lentils, add salt once the lentils are completely cooked, because when salt is added to the cooking water, it toughens the lentils.
- You can add extra water to the soup.
- Lentils are a good source of protein. Lentils also provide calcium and phosphorus, vitamin B and iron. Include them in your diet as they help in burning fats.